Every country has strange aspects to others.
So what about France? Let’s look at the unknown and very interesting information about France all together today …
Table of Contents
1. You can legally marry a dead person in France.
‘Love is immortal!’ they didn’t say in vain …
2. There is only one STOP sign in Paris.
3. In France, the state gives medals to parents whose children can be raised with dignity.
4. French is the mother tongue of many countries.
The most taught language after English. It is also the mother tongue of more than 75 million people worldwide.
5. According to researches, France is the most depressive country in the world.
6. The shortest reign for a king is in France. King Louis 19 became the king of France for only 20 minutes.
7. Until 2012, women were prohibited from wearing trousers in France.
8. The country that sleeps the most among developed countries with 8.83 hours a day in France.
9. It is forbidden to call a pig “Napoleon” in France.
10. The Eiffel Tower was a temporary work.
This work, which was built by Gustave Eiffel in 1889, was made at the World’s Fair that year to show the superiority of France. This work, which is planned to be removed 20 years after its opening, has received many criticisms at the time but is now among the most famous monuments in the world.
11. The Statue of Liberty was a gift from the French to the Americans.
Like the Eiffel Tower, it was built by Gustave Eiffel.
12. Watch your back on April 1!
If you are in France on April 1, children can try to stick paper fish on your back.
13. They eat 500 million snails a year!
14. The most visited country in the world.
In 2017, 83 million tourists visited the country.
15. Jeanne Calment, the longest-lived person in the world, was a French citizen.
Jeanne Calment lived 122 years and 164 days. He was born on February 21, 1875, and died on August 4, 1997.
16. Prices of French wines peaked.
In 2014, a bottle of wine was sold in Hong Kong for 1.45 million Euros!
17. In Paris, taxi drivers need to pay around 200,000 Euros to get a driver’s license.
18. License plates were first released in France.
19. France’s longest border is actually with Brazil, thanks to its overseas territory.
The border between French Guiana and Brazil is 730 kilometers long.
20. Jeans were first invented in France.
It was later imported to America by Levi Strauss.